For sale: Raleigh Pioneer hybrid

richard_a

14:42 Wed, 11 Jan 2017

Due to lack of space in our garage I'm selling my old commuter hybrid. It's a 58cm Raleigh Pioneer frame, with flat bars, a 1x9 Shimano groupset, Superstar wide/narrow 38T chainring, V-brakes, and 37mm(?) tyres. Also comes with mudguards, a rack, a chain-guard, and a Dutch-style frame-lock + chain (Axa Defender). And a bell. :-)

I bought it new in 2013, and it served as my daily commuter / "leave at the train station" bike for 3 1/2 years. The drive-train (originally a triple) was completely replaced last winter. It weighs roughly the same as an oil tanker and could use a new chain and a proper wash, but mechanically it's in good working order. It's an ideal bike for commuting in normal work clothes.

Don't really know how much to ask for, but it has to go. Would prefer to sell it as a complete bike, but might also let someone strip it for parts. Make me an offer if you're interested...

richard_a

14:42 Wed, 11 Jan 2017

Bump. Needs to be out of the garage in the next couple of weeks, so it's going on Gumtree soon if no-one in the club wants it.

richard_a

23:21 Tue, 14 Feb 2017

Login to Comment

All For Sale/Wanted

Upcoming Rides/Events

Weds Development Chaingang

marke 7:30 PM Wed, 29 Mar

Koffie Morgen

markn 6:50 AM Fri, 31 Mar

Saturday chaingang

richardb 8:00 AM Sat, 1 Apr

Recce ride, our course