Beeston CC App?

Mike H

20:33 Mon, 18 Dec 2017

Hi everyone, at the AGM I suggested that it might be useful to have a Beeston CC app (i.e. for android/iOS). What do people think?

I'm making no commitments at this stage, just gathering feedback.

I'm particularly interested in what features (beyond just a mobile version of the website) might be worth having.

The main thing I thought of was ride/event notifications to let you know when new rides get posted, or a reminder of any rides you'd signed up to. Also a notification of new content on the site might be quite good for those like me who only check in to the website every now and again when I remember!

Mike H

20:33 Mon, 18 Dec 2017

P.S. There are a couple of other apps in existence for other clubs, the only one I found I could actually use (without being a member) was Canterbury Bicycle Club. Worth a look.

Mike H

20:36 Mon, 18 Dec 2017

I like the idea.
I've also noticed that some members use the facebook page and others use this website. If there was a way of the two being amalgamated - i.e. post your ride once, it appears in both places (and on the app) simulataneously - then it makes sense.

Jim7

16:10 Wed, 20 Dec 2017

I think the event notification would be good, especially for things like the TT where it can be cancelled due to weather, maybe also something that notifies for threads so it could be used for statuses for things like open/closed roads, kit orders, club event organising etc.

If the forum could be extended to something mimicing WhatsApp (using the notifications) that would be good. Definitely more inclusive. My only concern on that last point is that it's yet another social media messenger thing when as Jim says, you could just use Facebook for a majority of it, although personally I would prefer not to.

George

16:00 Thu, 21 Dec 2017

And another thought, the club has always talked about having a toolkit, the location of the components/tools could be tracked and updated on here (also no reason why it didn't be on the website as well).

George

16:07 Thu, 21 Dec 2017

app would be great.
linked facebook and website would be great

Phil G

18:32 Fri, 5 Jan 2018

Login to Comment

All General Discussions