Liege Bastogne Liege 2019 - 27th April

macca

18:32 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Hi All. I have spoken with Sean and he is still waiting to hear back on accommodation enquiries.
Sean has asked can people who are still considering please confirm.
This will help everyone quickly to be able to buddy up for travelling. IE: who has transport and who doesn't.

We suggest all meeting up at the Crown on Thursday 11th at the next Club Social night to plan. We can then confirm accommodation and hopefully get travel sorted.

If you can't make the social can you confirm below, state if you have transport or not and if you have can you take people. To all who have confirmed we will count you in, unless you advise us otherwise before we meet on the 11th.

When you buddy up with people you can then plan when you go an return.

We are doing this again. Yippee

As we have done this a few times we need a Quick rally call to get a sense of numbers of who are genuinely interested so that we can try and get the accommodation sorted.

Sean Murphy is going to then try and book accommodation around the 14th of September.
Please put your name down that you are interested.

We can sort travel later. That normally gets sorted by three or four people travel down in one car/ferry to Liege.
I can do Beeston to Liege in one tank of petrol so costs wise it is very efficient.

Saturday 27th is the sportive
sunday 28th we watch the Pros do it.
Monday 29th we travel back.
https://www.sportive.com/events/lige-bastogne-lige-challenge-lbl-sportive-2019/2019-belgium/4107/cycling

People arrive at different times so that is up to each travelling group when they set off.
It is advisable to register on the Friday evening latest as Saturday will be a nightmare.
We can meet at the next social night to discuss.

macca

18:32 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

macca

18:35 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

macca

18:35 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

macca

18:36 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

macca

18:36 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

peter and i are keen :0

Louise O

21:11 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

This is something I’ve been thinking about doing again.

newsonoid

21:30 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Me,Yes

Marcel B

21:48 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

I'm in. Worst case isI'll be watching from a bar!

climberruss

21:57 Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Yes - I am in!

David R

16:29 Thu, 30 Aug 2018

I'm in. I don't need transport as I'm moving over there shortly, but I'll join you guys in the hotel for beers.
I assume I can use paypal to reimburse Sean for the booking, if not I can bank transfer or something.
I'll probably have a spare room or two in my house (when I find one), if anyone is interested in extending their stay for some cycling around Leuven.

orkneynick

16:33 Thu, 30 Aug 2018

Count me in!

Malachi Dennis

23:52 Thu, 30 Aug 2018

I'm going!!

paulh

19:24 Fri, 31 Aug 2018

Is this the one where you ride further than you ever thought possible, in the cold and rain, getting more and more hilly as the ride progresses?

grayble

20:26 Fri, 31 Aug 2018

You left out the hail and snow, but yes, that’s the one. Full-length route is roughly 270km with over 4000m of climbing.

richard_a

20:34 Fri, 31 Aug 2018

aha. I might have a go at it this time. Need to check dates though. and also carefully reconsider when sober.....

grayble

21:43 Fri, 31 Aug 2018

I reckon I'll do this. Count me in for now.

Colin S

22:11 Fri, 31 Aug 2018

Hi All. I have spoken with Sean and he is still waiting to hear back on accommodation enquiries.
Sean has asked can people who are still considering please confirm.
This will help everyone quickly to be able to buddy up for travelling. IE: who has transport and who doesn't.

We suggest all meeting up at the Crown on Thursday 11th at the next Club Social night to plan. We can then confirm accommodation and hopefully get travel sorted.

If you can't make the social can you confirm below, state if you have transport or not and if you have can you take people. To all who have confirmed we will count you in, unless you advise us otherwise before we meet on the 11th.

When you buddy up with people you can then plan when you go an return.

macca

20:22 Sun, 30 Sep 2018

Hi guys
conforming peter and myself and we dont have transport :)
Thanks
Louise

Louise O

18:44 Thu, 11 Oct 2018

sorry couldn't make it last night. Too much work.
I still intend to do this though and I have transport. Room for one additional person and two additional bikes.

grayble

7:11 Fri, 12 Oct 2018

Leah and I are interested but we have no idea of the costs. Not sure when you are all heading out but we were thinking head out thurs morning and back Monday.

Phil G

13:16 Sun, 11 Nov 2018

Anthony Gill is joining us on this trip too. Can you add him to the list?

Colin S

21:55 Tue, 13 Nov 2018

Cheers Phil and Colin I will let Sean know as he has the list.

He will probably do an update at the AGM.

macca

9:13 Thu, 15 Nov 2018

Login to Comment

All General Discussions

Upcoming Rides/Events

Coffee Morning

DarrenC 6:50 AM Fri, 23 Nov

BCC Xmas Ride

markn 8:00 AM Sat, 8 Dec

NDCXL Round 9 - Bakewell

RichO 1:00 PM Sat, 29 Dec

Broxtowe Cyclocross